Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still alive although Jay told me ya'll had had a wake for me! Actually I've just been hibernating thru the winter. But the Nashville weather was great today and I have actually started the Aviary! Yay me! I'm trying to post a picture of the nestboxes that I worked on til the weather got too cold. And as soon as the aviary is finished, I'll post it too. Hope everyones been doing great. I'm going to go catch up on all that I've missed. Jay I saw the pics of your new baby, that was so good of you and Tony to take charge and give that poor baby a loving home!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
It was also great of the girl who went to feed him every day for weeks. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. And anxious for you to get your birds.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was also great of the girl who went to feed him every day for weeks. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. And anxious for you to get your birds.
What a story, I didn't realize it had been weeks. I was imagining how he must have anticipated her visits each day. That's one of the sadest stories I've ever heard. How could anyone do that? Yes, she is such a caring person to take care of him and find him a good home.
And yes Jay, hopefully I will have my birds before I'm using a walker! LOL I'm working as fast as I can!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Right now he's new here and putting on his tough act. He'll get used to us and settle down. I think being out in the loft will help too, but for now he's inside with us. So what have you gotten done in your loft since we last heard from you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what your saying is....your spoiling him! LOL
Well, I got six of the nestboxes installed which took me FOREVER! Today I started the aviary and actually got the bottom framework done. But considering, I was really happy that I got as far as I did with it. Of course I made a mistake and had to take some boards off and ripped my arm with the crowbar. LOL But I think tomorrow I will be able to work even faster. I don't think it's going to take as long on the aviary as I first thought (at least I hope not). I have got so much to do, but still hoping I will be able to have my birds this spring. Only time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts