Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys plz could help me i have roller cock 6 years old he is ill he keeps vomting (sick) he weights nothing he sits in cornor and puffs his feather to keep him self warm i havew bought him in the house he has been in the house for 1 week and he is still sick he bring out his food and water he try eats little amounts but twrows it back out.

his poops are watery and i have been giving aviform ultimate the total pigeon health solution. helps prevent internal parasltes and protozoa including worms, cocci and canker and i have also tryed garlicoil and i have also tryed mycoform-t super respirator.

guys wat is wrong with him do u think he eat mice **** or something becuase i had mouse near ther loft but i clean the area twice day the mouse is diead now killed it in the mouse trap.

waqt shall i do any advice plz.:)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
these things all have the symptom of vomiting : Young Bird Sickness, Worm infestation, Field poisening, Candida infection (Trush) Salmonellosis, mice can bring in sickness. it would be best to take him to the vet to get a diagnosis so you know what to use to treat him, you may have to treat the whole flock.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
My guess would be canker/yeast/worms, which I would treat with flagyl (for canker) nystatin (for yeast) and moxydectin plus (for worms) . He might also need metoclopramide (for the vomiting).

As these meds are only available by prescription , the best thing you can do is take him to a vet and ask them to have a look at his poops under the microscope, that will either confirm canker, yeast and/or worms or rule them out.

Ask the vet to give you either more of whatever he prescribes than that pigeon needs , so that you have the meds available if any more pigeons get sick.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanxs
im waiting for the vet to contact me
the pet shop keeper told me it might be Salmonell

the vet his goign to tak poops sample

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
going to take poop sample she lives far from me, her receptionist is going to ring me to book appoiment

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I hope he gets well soon. Let us know the outcome for future reference! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
guys im taking the pigion to the vets 2morro she said to keep him warm and not to feeed him aFTER 7:30 am in the moring. it is going to cost me £20 to check him £50 test the poop and £20 - £30 on medicine. he eats and and drinks and flys a bit but he is weak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts