Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a clear Bird Feeder which waas to attach to my Fire Escape window with Suction cups. It was for the sparrows and small birds . Yeah right. The first day a Pigeon knocked it down. T much weight. I then put it standing on my Fire Escape and then the fun started. Tons of Pigeons. Alot. I am not allowed to feed them especially on a Fire Escape but they are always so darn hungry !!! LOL. I also put down fresh water 2x a day and they guzzle that too. Doves visit but it's Pigeonville . I am waiting for the Landlord to issue a warning but until then Eat up .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a clear Bird Feeder which waas to attach to my Fire Escape window with Suction cups. It was for the sparrows and small birds . Yeah right. The first day a Pigeon knocked it down. T much weight. I then put it standing on my Fire Escape and then the fun started. Tons of Pigeons. Alot. I am not allowed to feed them especially on a Fire Escape but they are always so darn hungry !!! LOL. I also put down fresh water 2x a day and they guzzle that too. Doves visit but it's Pigeonville . I am waiting for the Landlord to issue a warning but until then Eat up .
Please read my story that I posted. It will be difficult for you to get rid of them phisically and emotionally if you continue for long time. I did it for 9 months every day with a flock of more than 40 feral pigeons on my balcony. Food in the mornings and evenings and water. I talked to them and they talked to me especially in a COVID time when we were not allowed to socialize. They were my best friends. But from 2 pigeons in the winter they became more than 40 in the spring and summer. I know that a neighbor will complain and the building management will hire an exterminator or I can be fined or worse. So I stop feeding them. It is emotionally devastating for me because they are still coming and knock on my windows and make those cooing sounds. I am not giving you any advice just know what happens to me. The love for pigeons is addictive. I wish you all the best! Sorry for the below edited posts. I do not know how to delete them.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Rather feed them somewhere else, away from your home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts