Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I am George Goss. I live in Vista, Ca. I just joined. I am in my first year of pigeons. I really want to get two breeding white frillbacks to add to my current coop. Anyhow..here is my setup..PLease let me know if I need to change anything:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, welcome! Your birds look beautiful and your setup is amazing! I, too, am new to pigeon-raising and still need to work on my own setup, so I am very impressed with what you have built. The breeding pens look excellent! Do you have some sort of trap for when you fly them?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
You can't beat a loft with a duck pen built on the side of it! :) what a nice set up you have. good luck with the frills ,I have a white pair myself and really enjoy them. keeps us updated and love your loft.:)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hello and Welcome to pigeon Talk,

I really like your loft, one question.....do you have an aviary for the pigeons on the other side of the loft???

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. I do not have an aviary attached because these are my breeding stock. When I have babies I am going to fly them once a day. Also, If you look at the door you will see the landing board and one way doors. The entire enclosure is made of redwood and cost around $2500 to make.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi Neighbor

Hi GEORGE, Welcome to the group,I live in OCEANSIDE and look forward to meeting you. I raise ITALIAN OWLS, AMERICAN SHOW RACERS,SADDLE HOMERS, and RACING HOMERS. I belong to the METRO PIGEON CLUB in SAN DIEGO this is an all breeds club and we meet the first Saturday of every month our next meeting is 4 APRIL 12noon to 4pm.I do not raise Frillbacks but maybe someone in the clubs does. Your loft looks good I assume that the ducks are housed along side the pigeons and not with them. I forgot I also am a member of the AMERICAN SHOW RACER CLUB in Riverside and we meet the second Saturday of the month thats this weekend. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. I am definitely going to attend the San Diego Metro club meeting. Thank for the invite. I am excited.

and yes...the ducks are a completely seperate entity from the pigeons. they only share a common wall. And the pigeon coop is on a concrete slab!

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Thanks everyone. I am definitely going to attend the San Diego Metro club meeting. Thank for the invite. I am excited.

and yes...the ducks are a completely seperate entity from the pigeons. they only share a common wall. And the pigeon coop is on a concrete slab!
Hi GEORGE, The next meeting of the METRO CLUB is Sat.4 APRIL at 12noon to 4pm I will keep you posted GEORGE;)

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I used to work in Lake forest. That's awesome. My wife rescues rabbits. Thanks for the compliments.
Small world, indeed! Any chance your wife would like about 10 more rabbits? I seem to end up with them too from my rounds at the local parks and ponds where I go to look after the ducks. It's so very sad that so many bunnies get dumped like they do.

Terry

·
Registered
441 Posts
HI! Welcome to PT, your loft looks really nice and you have some very pretty birds :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts