Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have found a pij out my back it has just been wondering round but it dosnt seem to be able to eat, when it trys to eat the seeds they kinda fall out again, it looks like it neck is swoleing and it keeps puffing itself up

what can i do to help?? is there any home remadees i could use??

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do you have the bird in hand? Is it possible that it was struck by a hawk and therefore its crop has been opened up, causeing the seed to fall out. Where are you located?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Is it catchable ? can you bring it inside, put it in a box or carrier, take some pictures and post them here ?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Is the bird so weak that it is unable to eat? Does the pigeon's neck twist around?

If the bird is too weak to eat you will need to hand feed it (I'd suggest doing so ASAP). You can soak dog food in water, or take frozen peas or corn warm up some under the faucet (until thawed). Gently open the beak and place the food into the bird's mouth gently pushing it back to the throat. You'll need to feed the bird even though it may not want you to. Make sure that you feed a sufficient quantity of food so your bird doesn't starve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts