Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
alot of those look very familiar I know one is from the redrose loft site ,pics of peoples lofts...yep that is Renee's widowhood loft pic....ummmm?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
The red one is from P.T. too. Can they just take those pictures for their website?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
The red one is from P.T. too. Can they just take those pictures for their website?
yes, actually they CAN..........but it IS stealing (I guess??)..I just sent them an email asking that they take down the pics.
Actually, pictures 2, 8, 9 and 10 and 11 came from our web site.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Unless you have something on your website saying the content is copyrighted, they can take them. But you should still ask permission before you take pictures from someone and post them on your site. The worst part I think, is claming they built them (or it sounds that way), and even if they intended them to just be example pictures of styles, then they should have sited where the pics came from.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Unless you have something on your website saying the content is copyrighted, they can take them. But you should still ask permission before you take pictures from someone and post them on your site. The worst part I think, is claming they built them (or it sounds that way), and even if they intended them to just be example pictures of styles, then they should have sited where the pics came from.

This is at the bottom of all of our web pages::

(Any Duplication or Reproduction without Express Permission is Prohibited)

Lovebirds Loft - All Rights Reserved 2008-2009

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
yes, actually they CAN..........but it IS stealing (I guess??)..I just sent them an email asking that they take down the pics.
Actually, pictures 2, 8, 9 and 10 and 11 came from our web site.
Yes, it is.

Unless you have something on your website saying the content is copyrighted, they can take them.
Not legally, they can't.

1) "If it doesn't have a copyright notice, it's not copyrighted."
This was true in the past, but today almost all major nations follow the Berne copyright convention.

For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not.

The default you should assume for other people's works is that they are copyrighted and may not be copied unless you know otherwise. There are some old works that lost protection without notice, but frankly you should not risk it unless you know for sure.

It is true that a notice strengthens the protection, by warning people, and by allowing one to get more and different damages, but it is not necessary.
http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts