Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just made other small loft for 2 pair. there gonna be to 2 section. 30in(deep) by 25in(wide) by 3ft(Tall).

A little help here should i make a flat board on top in the section for them to nest or just let them nest on floor?
should i put some perch in too? kinda of small to put perch.

what ya think?
give me some idea what to add to it...

this is how one section going to look like b4 i make a wall for the middle

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
Hey, Looks good!!!!, Definetly put a ledge up high with a nest on one side of the ledge, IMO It gives them a more natural feel of feeding on the ground and then going up high to nest and roost

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you will be better off putting that wire all the way across the floor .couse when thay git to pooping on that type of bored it is going to start comeing apart .and the ruff textcher will make it hared to clean .

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i put a ledge up high with a nest on one side of the ledge how long should i do it and how high off the floor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would say at lest half way of the floor to the roof .thay will Need head room to fly up and land on it .now for how wide .it depinds on how big your nest bowls are you need enuff room for the bowl and the brids to be on it at the same time .with out them falling off .

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
a shelf perch is a good idea.. then I would but the nest bowl under it on the floor in the corner... make the shelf about 9 inches wide IMO.. looks good , but may be a bit hard to clean with the doors being narrow..but then again you don't want any birds getting out and doing a flyer either..so you will have to do you're best.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank spirit...

i was thinking the same too. make a shelf as perch or if they want they can nest up on the shelf too. i was planing to make a shelf 15in off the floor and shelf will be 25in by 10in deep. do you get me?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
thank spirit...

i was thinking the same too. make a shelf as perch or if they want they can nest up on the shelf too. i was planing to make a shelf 15in off the floor and shelf will be 25in by 10in deep. do you get me?
I do, sounds like a good plan, put a lip on the edge of the shelf just in case so if they do nest up on top of it the babies when they get more active won't roll or fall off it. and you can always put another nest bowl below for the hen when the cock is feeding babies but she is wanting to lay more eggs she can go "downstairs"..lol.. good luck!

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
At the risk of being a wet blanker and acknowledging how hard you've worked to build this...before it's complete I want to remind you that the minimum recommended square feet per pigeon is 2 square feet. Really...the entire small loft is suitable for just one pair.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
If each section is 30in(deep) by 25in(wide) by 3ft(Tall). I would personally put a pair in each aslong as they were not going to be prisoners. If out once or twice a day then I would think this is enough room.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Where are the studies showing that your birds need 2 square feet each. I would really like to see the scientific part of the study and how it was conducted. Since the 2sqr ft. rule gets thrown around so much as an absolute rule shouldn't we know how it came to be.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i gonna put my prisoners in there cause i dont have a pair of mine yett but here are some more picture that is done just need to print then it be done. (sorry roof is ghetto but w/e) =D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts