Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember someone asking if I could post some pictures of these to give them some ideas on making them. Can't remember who it was or which forum it was on, so I'll just share it with everyone :p

As you can see it's really simple. The bottom of a metal chicken feeder, some insulation held to the sides with wire, and a light. Keeps it just warm enough to prevent ice from forming in the water :) A mouse used part of the insulation as its nest while we were storing it, so that's what happend to the one side :p
The only downfall to these is it puts the drinkers up pretty high, so a few bricks around it helps the pidgies get up to drink.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also use a light bulb (60 watts) inside a cement block. So long as it does not get too clod, it keeps the water free for the birds.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Becky, where do you put the water? Sorry to be so stupid.....:D

Also, any worries about the pigeons pulling at or eating the insulation?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Becky, where do you put the water? Sorry to be so stupid.....:D

Also, any worries about the pigeons pulling at or eating the insulation?
the water fount goes on top of it after you turn in over, the insulation is inside. the pic shown is of it turned over so we can see the bulb.:)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, spirit wings has it right :) Nothing pokes out from underneath so the pidgies are all safe :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts