Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yes, the majority of 'chocolates' are actually indigos. Although 'chocolate' can be associated with opals (which do tend to look a whole lot like indigo), brown birds, recessive reds, heavily bronzed bars/checks, and even spread ash-reds sometimes (yeah, someone in the club had one, and when he asked what to call it, someone piped up and said chocolate :rolleyes: ). That last one still doesn't make much sense to me, LOL. Oh. Also I've seen some grizzles and 'duns' (silver, not always the real spread ones) called chocolates as well.

Basically, if it ain't something else, it gets stuck under the chocolate category many times, haha. Or so it seems :p

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here in South Africa chocolate in homers is usually recessive red. Don't quite know why, they don't look brown / chocolate, they look red. Jack Barkel sells these chocolate meulemans (recessive red) and also sells opal Janssens (which are actually indigos).

I try not to use that kind of terminology, it gets too confusing. Call and indigo and indigo, an opal an opal and a recessive red a recessive red! ;)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Here in South Africa chocolate in homers is usually recessive red. Don't quite know why, they don't look brown / chocolate, they look red. Jack Barkel sells these chocolate meulemans (recessive red) and also sells opal Janssens (which are actually indigos).

I try not to use that kind of terminology, it gets too confusing. Call and indigo and indigo, an opal an opal and a recessive red a recessive red! ;)
Amen! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts