Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this pair at a swap meet. Not sure what they are, homer cross, perhaps? Was going to post this in breed id section, but I wasn't allowed.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
yea they might like crosses but not 100% sure they mostly resemble roller pigeons is there anything on the band? if there is please post it we can probably use that to find out?

·
Registered
836 Posts
You bought them at a swap meet? The person didnt tell you what they were? You gotta place for them besides the cage? Nice pigeons...they do look like colourful rollers..id like to have em lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I put ID bands on after I bought them. The person was selling them for someone else and did not know much about them. Their graceful lines caught my eye. I think you may be correct in that they may carry some roller blood. I have them in a large, outdoor breeder pen, which is more than adequate for housing one pair of pigeons, they were standing in a corner.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
what is you plan for having mix breed pigeons? I wonder if let out if they have enough homer in them they would go back home..or be able to settle in like a roller.. I guess it is a risk if you want to fly them..they may fly great .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will breed them and see if their offspring have the same physical characteristics they do. I bought a second cock that was with them, he looks almost identical to the blue bar cock in the picture. I may cross him on a hen from these two. I don't think I'll try to fly them until I have some young birds out of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts