Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a pair of homers n finally they got 1 egg....it's been about 2 weeks now n today when i took the egg to inspect it, there doesnt seem to be a living baby in it. when i put it up to the light i can see it's still yellow n all liquid doesnt look normal. my guess is the egg is not good anymore. what do you guys think? also can i or should i swap the egg for one of my other pair of homer's baby since the younger one is a bit smaller than the older one?

·
Registered
838 Posts
i would diffidently swap the small chick with your other pair still incubating the no good egg.

I suggest that do it in the morning or evening and observe them very very close, to see if that the pair will accept the chick or not. Stay with it as long as you can and watch to see if the pair will feed it. If the pair feed it, then its a sign of accepting the chick.

But still keep a eye on it too, cause sometime this will not work.

·
Registered
838 Posts
oh okay, but how can you tell that they didnt accept the chick? Did they try to incubate it? if they incubates it, then that is a good sign that they will probably accept it... or did they just stood there watching and carious?? if this happen, then its a sign of reject.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.