Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when ever i get mosaic or white pigeons is hard for me to pair them up because they all coo and slide there tail against the floor is there another way to find out beside laying egg maybe some sort of trick see my pigeons have to babies there 5 months know but they both coo and slide there tails and there coos are exactly the same supposable the guy at a pet shop said you touch a bone by there tail and f its close is male and open female but there both close together
and i never heard a pigeon have 2 males at the same time but i wouldn't know thanks to all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to see some pics of your mosaics!
Some young hens will act cocky. Aside from laying an egg the only sure fire way is for DNA sexing.
One thing I do is take the bird in question and throw it in a loft or with a known cock and see how he responds to it.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/dscn5314l.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/dscn5311.jpg/

this is the one iam having trouble with since i cant pair them i usually give them out but i want to try to start breeding them. when placed with a proven cock the cock runs crazy around the cage or attack s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,094 Posts
Well sounds like a cock to me.
However I am by no means a expert and don't keep Homers either. I do know that they are a lot more feisty then many breeds. At 5 months age they are just reaching maturity I would wait closer to a year to breed.
Breeding them now would be like a 12-14 year old human breeding, sure they can do it but...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well sounds like a cock to me.
However I am by no means a expert and don't keep Homers either. I do know that they are a lot more feisty then many breeds. At 5 months age they are just reaching maturity I would wait closer to a year to breed.
Breeding them now would be like a 12-14 year old human breeding, sure they can do it but...
wait this one is not the 5 month old one this one is more like a year old just got it 3 days a go
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,342 Posts
when ever i get mosaic or white pigeons is hard for me to pair them up because they all coo and slide there tail against the floor is there another way to find out beside laying egg maybe some sort of trick see my pigeons have to babies there 5 months know but they both coo and slide there tails and there coos are exactly the same supposable the guy at a pet shop said you touch a bone by there tail and f its close is male and open female but there both close together
and i never heard a pigeon have 2 males at the same time but i wouldn't know thanks to all
Pigeons do not have one of each sex per clutch, This is a wives tail. There is a 25% chance of two cocks, 25% chance of two hens and a 50% chance of one of each.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
when ever i get mosaic or white pigeons is hard for me to pair them up because they all coo and slide there tail against the floor is there another way to find out beside laying egg maybe some sort of trick see my pigeons have to babies there 5 months know but they both coo and slide there tails and there coos are exactly the same supposable the guy at a pet shop said you touch a bone by there tail and f its close is male and open female but there both close together
and i never heard a pigeon have 2 males at the same time but i wouldn't know thanks to all
according to some of my observation form my pigeon

sometime hen will coo too but you can tell it differently from a real cock coo. Cook coo are somewhat more outstanding and powerful.
hen on the other hand will coo but not that powerful with their cooing and dance less than a real cock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,455 Posts
Your "mosaic" is an ash-red grizzle.
If your birds are dragging their tails, they are more than likely cockbirds. Hens will drag their tails around their mates but they usually don't coo when they do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that may be a sign of the hen showing interest to a cooing cock. If the cock coo and dance around with his tail sweeping the floor and if other one just sweep the floor too and run around not cooing harshly back, than it could be a sign of showing interest to the cooing cock.
thx bro your right i notice as soon as you send this
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top