Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My documentary film "The Pigeon Game" has been invited to screen a twenty-minute cut at the Tenement Museum in NYC on August 24th. There will also be speakers -a local pigeon racer and a historian to talk about the contributions of the sport towards the history and culture of the city.

This is an incredible opportunity to clear up some of the negative misconceptions about bird racing and expose a new audience to the sport. But I need your help - I have started an fundraising campaign to raise $10,000 for the film on a website called Kickstarter. I've already raised over $8,000 -but the campaign ends this Saturday July 31st and if I don't raise the entire $10,000 -I won't receive any of the donations already pledged.

Please take a look at my film's campaign page and if you are able, make a donation at any level. Donations start at $5 and there are lots of fun rewards to thank you for your support.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/62597611/the-pigeon-game-20-minute-cut

And thank you!
Annie Heringer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Pigeon Game Party

The Pigeon Game's Kickstarter fundraising campaign has successfully ended! Thanks to everyone who gave their support, donating towards the project and helping to spread the word.

Tonight -Sunday August 1st, we are celebrating and I wanted to extend the invitation to all local pigeon racers. From 7pm on we will be at Tandem Bar in Bushwick:

236 TROUTMAN STREET,
Brooklyn, NY, 11237

There will be several drinks whose proceeds will be going in part to The Pigeon Game, so the fundraising will continue in our celebrating.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
It's funny seeing some of the guys on that video. They really do have some cast of characters in the city. I have to deal with them at the combine meetings it's rediculous how loud it gets when you get bunch of guys all trying to talk louder then each other to get thier point across.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for your support! We did make the financial goal by the deadline, thanks to an amazing effort in the eleventh hour! Now we are immediately going to work to create the new twenty-minute cut that will screen at NYC's Tenement Museum on August 24th. In addition to the screening, there will be a pigeon racer there with some of his birds to talk about racing today as well as a historian to talk about the history of pigeon sports in the city. It should be a great event and its free! You do have to make reservations though: [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts