Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to raising homing/racing pigeons. I have a question can you train them to slow? These birds i have was born first of jan. I am just doing the whistle training now. Feeding them and whistling. My question is am I going to slow with them? Will it hurt them going to slow. Where i am new i dont want to move to quickly and do something wrong.

·
Registered
463 Posts
When ever I feed my birds old young does not matter I give them their call. It should be second nature even babies in the nest know its feeding time by the call. If you wait too long in letting them out to fly you may have a problem were they can get too excited and fly too far and get lost. If they are flying good in the loft when they are let out for the first time and they take off they realize they can fly 50mph and don't pay attention. Not saying this always happens as I have let birds out that were a little older it is just something more to think about. For me the earlier I get them out of the loft the better.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have better luck getting them out as soon as possible.I put my young in their young bird loft and within a week I open it up for them to fly if they want to lots of time they will just come out look around and go back in I never push them to fly don,t let them get to old they will fly to far and do stupid things and stay out to long good luck with your birds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts