Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this isn't bird related but I just saw articles on this happening in Florida!

Some seem to be excusing this as due to the bad economy?! How horrific! Be warned, if you google it some of the articles are very graphic :(

As a horse lover I am SHOCKED!!! I live in a country where animal rights are virtually non existent, and I am SHOCKED. I hope they catch the murderer/s!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in Miami, and I know exactly how you feel. I found a sick pigeon not long ago and was shocked, appalled and disgusted that NO ONE professional would see this little guy because it was feral. No vet would treat it, saying it was against the law to treat a wild animal (WHAT???..AGAINST THE LAW TO SAVE A LIFE??? WAS SOMEONE DRUNK WHEN THEY MADE THIS LAW??)...and "It's only a pigeon, they're viewed as vermin" was what one guy told me at an WILDLIFE RESCUE place...just WOW.
Not only were horses found killed and mutilated, there was a story just before that where someone was going round killing and mutilating neighborhood cats...it was HORRIFYING.
There was also a story where someone had caught a shark and took it off the line, dragged it through the streets...ALIVE, MIND YOU...onto a BUS...just to find a place that would BUY IT. Of course, they couldn't find someone to buy it, so they just left it in the road to die a slow, painful death.
Some people in this state are some of the meanest, cruelest, heinous individuals there are. I don't get it. I don't understand how anyone can harm an animal....a poor defenseless creature...and not feel ANY kind of remorse or guilt whatsoever. When did this world become so darned cold??

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Most people down here have no compassion whatsoever.
The cat killer got a slap on the wrist and that's it.
Maybe it's their backgroud, I don't know. I sure have had enough of living in this strange place.
Thank goodness once in while there pops up a nice person that give me some hope.

Reti

·
Registered
508 Posts
CRAZY......just crazy

The scary thing is, if they continue to treat animals that way, it's not a long jump till they start treating other humans that way:eek:! Any one who deliberately harms an animal, for no reason at all is on my list!!!!!!!!!!
(prayer list ;))

and pigeons should be protected ( I SAY ):D

·
Registered
508 Posts
what the heck dose your website have to do with this thread onlymypigeons???:confused::mad:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well, at least we still have all the good caring animal lovers hear on PT. I don't think we can really affect what other people do, so we mine as well just focus on helping pigeons and other animals as much as we can ourselves. If something ever goes wrong, it's always good to know that YOU tried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.