Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it made quite a mess from California and across the mid west :eek:
It arrived here in Maine early this morning, 5 - 8 inches of snow expected before turning over to freezing rain tonight. I don't mind the snow - but I hate the freezing rain on top of it :(

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I would take the snow over the rain too, all we needed was more rain...NOT...my poor birdies have not been out in a while....and your right about the freezing rain..that is the worst! it is quite balmy here in VA... where are you in Va Doveone52?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm in Chester, south of Richmond. A cold front is coming sometime today or tonight with hi of 48 tomorrow. Cold AND rain! Yuck!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm so sorry you have such cold but a little envious about the snow, Ms.Freebird! Seems like we got more when I was a kid. Global warming?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
we just have rain here in gloucester, i think the ocean is stopping the change over to snow,
10 miles inland are getting hit with it

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
In WI. the snow so far is 18" in the southwest part of the state. in the north about 10-12" and around us about 3" BUT it's still snowing :eek:
Later today the temps. are suppose to get down to 15 degrees now it's a balmy 34.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I'm in Chester, south of Richmond. A cold front is coming sometime today or tonight with hi of 48 tomorrow. Cold AND rain! Yuck!
oh thats right... did you go to the pigeon show in November out there? wanted too, but had to work..:(... they have a few out your way every now and again... the only problem with going is might be tempted to buy some more birds!..it is so hard when you see all the pretty pretties for sale...lol...

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we just have rain here in gloucester, i think the ocean is stopping the change over to snow,
10 miles inland are getting hit with it
Were above Massachusetts "little boot" that sticks out in the ocean, so we do get the snow at first. But here on the coast ends up with rain at the end :rolleyes:
When I lived in NH (30 miles inland) we got buried!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'm so sorry you have such cold but a little envious about the snow, Ms.Freebird! Seems like we got more when I was a kid. Global warming?
doveone52,
You can have all of my snow !! And, no, not global warming, pigeonmama having a hot flash !
Daryl
Oh, and I have to work tonight, 6 p.m. to midnight:mad:

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
It's been VERY cold, unusual for this early in the season. Heavy, heavy frost. Snow on all the nearby hills. Had to laugh at the wild mourning doves yesterday morning. They were on the birdbath trying to get a drink and couldn't figure out why they couldn't get to the water--surface was frozen over.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
It's been VERY cold, unusual for this early in the season. Heavy, heavy frost. Snow on all the nearby hills. Had to laugh at the wild mourning doves yesterday morning. They were on the birdbath trying to get a drink and couldn't figure out why they couldn't get to the water--surface was frozen over.
they could of done a bit of ice skating...lol...

Im sure you broke it for them though...;)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No global warming here! We've gotten more snow in the past few years than we use to. Last year we broke a record and I spent more time on my roof (shoveling) than I did inside :eek:

The morning doves in my yard get their drink from on top of the pool cover. :cool:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
doveone52,
You can have all of my snow !! And, no, not global warming, pigeonmama having a hot flash !
Daryl
Oh, and I have to work tonight, 6 p.m. to midnight:mad:
Pigeon Mama, you sound like a nurse. Me, too. I have to work 7:30 to 12mn but I don't have to take my snow shoes, just a small boat! :D
I love being able to get personal weather forecasts from all over the country! Internets pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have never in my entire 57 yrs been north of DC! I would love to see Maine or Gloucester, Mass. coastal no less. and california would be amazing!
PigeonMama, me, too except I've been an RN same hospital for 36 yrs! ICU, no less! What are we, twins separated at birth? sounds like I have a few more years on you though!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I have never in my entire 57 yrs been north of DC! I would love to see Maine or Gloucester, Mass. coastal no less. and california would be amazing!
PigeonMama, me, too except I've been an RN same hospital for 36 yrs! ICU, no less! What are we, twins separated at birth? sounds like I have a few more years on you though!
Doveone52,
Wow, you are an old battle axe, aren't you. I'm an old war horse, myself, done O.B./GYN all my employed life (except when I was a kid and canned sardines. Yuck!!!)
Daryl

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm referred to as an Old Hag, very respectfully, I might add! OB/Gyn! Yikes. I ain't birthin no babies, Miss Scarlet! Unless they have wings that is!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts