Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i know if the hen is about to lay eggs? i saw her and her partner doing what nature wants them to do. :D and after a few days when i held the hen she became much wider. how do i know if she has eggs inside?

·
Registered
838 Posts
when you see the cock is attacking the hen...(umm what i mean is more like trying to chase her to the nest or make her go nest in their territory)..not attacking literally >.<

And you will know when she is ready to lay is when she sit on their nest tightly even if there are no eggs present on the nest. this is an indication that eggs are on their way within couples of day.

hope this help

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
how do i know if the hen is about to lay eggs? i saw her and her partner doing what nature wants them to do. :D and after a few days when i held the hen she became much wider. how do i know if she has eggs inside?
usually about 10 days after you see them mate she will lay her egg/s, that is if you stay out of their way and stop feeling her for eggs...that only causes stress.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
usually about 10 days after you see them mate she will lay her egg/s, that is if you stay out of their way and stop feeling her for eggs...that only causes stress.
:p lol

Yeah....just let her alone, you will know when she is "pregnant" after you see eggs in the nest ! Don't try to rush things, leave em alone. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts