Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i found a pigeon with its tail being cut. One of its leg has also been cut. However there is no bleeding seen. i would like to help the bird fly but i am not sure how long it will take for the tail to regrow. If i have to keep the bird for a while will it get back to its mate after that?? Please advise

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
hey guys, i found a pigeon with its tail being cut. One of its leg has also been cut. However there is no bleeding seen. i would like to help the bird fly but i am not sure how long it will take for the tail to regrow. If i have to keep the bird for a while will it get back to its mate after that?? Please advise
What do you mean by cut? Trimmed? And the leg........what sort of cut. Not cut off I hope. Is this an adult bird? Can you tell us where you are in case we have members close by.
It would take about 6 weeks for the tail feathers to grow out, but that's if they have been completely pulled out. If they are just cut off like you say, then it could take months........the bird would have to go through a natural moult.........
A few more details would be great. If the bird can't fly, it's probably not due to the tail OR the leg being cut. Something else must be going on with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Bangalore, India.The bird is an adult bird. Have seen her nesting near my house.Her tail has been trimmed. her leg is being cut off but i have seen her manage with it. she was trying to fly to her usual place when she hit the window pane and fell off...she can fly but not to the place where she wants to. Her wings are in place. She is really scared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.