Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,288 Posts
Give it a try and let us know. Some of my pigeons only let me touch them while they are incubating their fake eggs. The one female is now getting used to being scratched around the head and starting to like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give it a try and let us know. Some of my pigeons only let me touch them while they are incubating their fake eggs. The one female is now getting used to being scratched around the head and starting to like it.
Thanks. I am currently petting my pigeon while he is sitting on my lap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Will spending time with my pigeon on my lap eventually help tame him? I'm teleworking from home and I have my pigeon sitting on my lap and I pet his head continuously. Is this a good idea?

I just want to make sure I am not "flooding" my pigeon with fear. When I mention "flooding" I am referring to the technique that parrot owners do not do because it can cause more fear in birds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will spending time with my pigeon on my lap eventually help tame him? I'm teleworking from home and I have my pigeon sitting on my lap and I pet his head continuously. Is this a good idea?

I just want to make sure I am not "flooding" my pigeon with fear. When I mention "flooding" I am referring to the technique that parrot owners do not do because it can cause more fear in birds.
:mad: Just read about 'flooding' in birds. NOT HAPPY!

·
Registered
16 Posts
UPDATE ON 'STINKY'
Today at 2.30pm he is being handed over to a person who is going to look after him till they can get him up to Linjoy wildlife rescue sanctuary.
Hood Coin Mesh Recreation Tableware
Hood Coin Mesh Recreation Tableware

1 - 12 of 12 Posts