Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok like i said im new to the pigeon world so i have a question i let my birds take a bath 1 time a week since i work a hectic schedule and get off when its dark and go to work when its dark only free time is on weekends so with that being said i put the water in a tupperware around 10am and take it out around 4pm should i leave it in that long? longer? less? my woes are in smaller breeder cages so the tupperware takes up some space and i would think it would be better to take out,any input?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
It really depends on how fast they get in & take their bath. Some of our doves get in right away others like to take their time.

if you don't want to leave it in all day you can always give them an hour and if they haven't taken a bath remove it and try the next day, etc. until they get the to understand.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I would not leave it all day while your at work, they may poop in it and then drink it. the weeksends will have to do for now. also offer it on holidays when your home.

·
Registered
414 Posts
For us all of our birds seem to be done bathing within about an hour or so, it seems once they are done bathing they all like to go back in the loft from the avery lounge around.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
ok like i said im new to the pigeon world so i have a question i let my birds take a bath 1 time a week since i work a hectic schedule and get off when its dark and go to work when its dark only free time is on weekends so with that being said i put the water in a tupperware around 10am and take it out around 4pm should i leave it in that long? longer? less? my woes are in smaller breeder cages so the tupperware takes up some space and i would think it would be better to take out,any input?
I wouldn't leave the tubs out that long either, weekends will be best for them to bathe when you are home and can keep an eye out on them and remove them when they are done.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Last winter I would set up the bath in the warm loft, as I didn't want them out bathing in the cold aviary. Of course, I had to spread a plastic table cloth so that they wouldn't get water all over. This year, I might try just setting it up in the aviary. They can always come back into the warm loft when they're done. They love to bath anytime of the year. I would just pick the nicer sunnier days, when I can remove the water when they are done. If not, some will be going in later in the day, and they wouldn't have time to dry before night fall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts