Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a pair of oriental frill. After acquiring it for a couple of weeks, it layed an egg and incubate it for ,early two weeks. Then I observed the they don't incubate it anymore, I try to observe until it reached 3 days and still I confirmed they deserted it. I have read that I should take away deserted egg for them to lay a new one. What would have cause they desert their egg since I checked it was fertile? And how many days it would take for them to lay a new one? Tnx for these informations you might give since I am a new fancier

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The Hen usually lays two eggs, the second about 48 hours after the first.. because they are young (Im assuming from only the one egg layed), is why they may of quit too early..they are not mature enough. The fake eggs you have or get for hatch control should be used on young pairs untill they are a year old and then try again..if they sit fake eggs well then you know they will sit their real ones well too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they actually layed two. and they are breeders because they already had 3 clutches from the person i bought them from.. i also check the eggs after they dessert it and found out it was fertile. they incubated it for 12 days. i wanted to know what would be the reson why they dessert it and when they would lay again?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
they actually layed two. and they are breeders because they already had 3 clutches from the person i bought them from.. i also check the eggs after they dessert it and found out it was fertile. they incubated it for 12 days. i wanted to know what would be the reson why they dessert it and when they would lay again?
you posted this "it layed an egg and incubate it " it means one.. them/they mean two eggs, more than one.

so now that "it" is not one egg but really two, and the birds are older then I have no clue why they stopped sitting the eggs, maybe they need a break if they already raised 3 clutches. Or something is bothering them in the nest like mites..or they are just poor breeders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the grammar! :) any way maybe they just needed a break like what u have said.. And maybe they have been disturbed when incubating them.. I'll just wait when the next clutch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts