Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going on vacation and my neighbor is going to feed my son's pigeons. He has about 30 pigeons. How much food should they be given? My son just showed my how much he said he feeds them daily. He filled a container to about 3 quarts and said that's what he feeds them daily (half the container in the morning and half late afternoon). That seems like a lot to me but I have no clue.

Also, can the grit just be left in a container in the coop or does it need to be spread around. My son usually mixes it into the food.

Thank you

·
Registered
732 Posts
I fill the feeder, then When it is getting low, say seeing scatted seeds in the bottom , I fill it back up. If he has a regime he can start that again when he gets back. I’d keep it simple.

The grit can have its own container to keep it out of the droppings. They eat what they want as they need it separate from their feed.

·
Registered
499 Posts
vacation time

We're going on vacation and my neighbor is going to feed my son's pigeons. He has about 30 pigeons. How much food should they be given? My son just showed my how much he said he feeds them daily. He filled a container to about 3 quarts and said that's what he feeds them daily (half the container in the morning and half late afternoon). That seems like a lot to me but I have no clue.

Also, can the grit just be left in a container in the coop or does it need to be spread around. My son usually mixes it into the food.

Thank you
dear williamH4,--food amount sounds ok,worry about clean fresh water daily,-I hope the neighbor likes birds,and is trustworthy-pay him well-actually either way pay half now half when you get back..sincerely james waller-i love you pres.ron regan quote,so true.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts