Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have i pair of pigeons and lately they had some problems because i seemed to be underfeeding them grit they are raising a 13 day old baby however i have the impression that they are eating too much right now they eat both about 4 tablespoons on grit, it contains garlic oil, canary seeds pink mineral powder oyster shells clay and small pebbles(sand-ish) they still are demanding more. should i give them more? less?

·
Registered
442 Posts
so i have i pair of pigeons and lately they had some problems because i seemed to be underfeeding them grit they are raising a 13 day old baby however i have the impression that they are eating too much right now they eat both about 4 tablespoons on grit, it contains garlic oil, canary seeds pink mineral powder oyster shells clay and small pebbles(sand-ish) they still are demanding more. should i give them more? less?
Hi, yes give them more grit when they are feeding babies they need plenty of grit, i change my grit everyday when breeding youngsters

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I have a feeder that holds about 20 lbs of grit every few months I empty it and clean it but in between I never let it run out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts