Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about 13 days old? I've had em for 5 days. The black collar just emerged. The wings are starting to feather out. It's a tyrant for food. What are your thoughts on the age?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
You can check this site: www.speedpigeon.com and click on "day to day growth of baby pigeon" to determine his age. Although handraised babies grow slower than those reared by their parents.

Have you started feeding him slightly more?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The adult pigeons consume little bits of grit and oyster shell that they feed to their babies with the grain they consume. The babies need the calcium in particular. They're growing a lot of bone and feather quickly. You could get some tablets of tablets of calcium such as Tums and break them into small pieces and give a bit every day. The baby also needs a bit of Vitamin D3 through exposure to the sun or from feed sources to metabolize the calcium.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The adult pigeons consume little bits of grit and oyster shell that they feed to their babies with the grain they consume. The babies need the calcium in particular. They're growing a lot of bone and feather quickly. You could get some tablets of tablets of calcium such as Tums and break them into small pieces and give a bit every day. The baby also needs a bit of Vitamin D3 through exposure to the sun or from feed sources to metabolize the calcium.
I am feeding Exact baby bird formula. Not calcium, grit or anything else needs to be added.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts