Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pair that has been sitting on dummy eggs prior to being sold to me. how soon can i expect another batch of eggs? it's not too late in the season to breed for pigeons is it? sorry for the basic questions. i'm new to pigeons.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have a pair that has been sitting on dummy eggs prior to being sold to me. how soon can i expect another batch of eggs? it's not too late in the season to breed for pigeons is it? sorry for the basic questions. i'm new to pigeons.
It depends on how healthy your birds are. If they are in a healthy state, your hen should lay her first egg within 10 days after you remove the dummy eggs.

Is it too late to breed?

Well it depends on where you live and where you keep them. If you keep them inside your house then you can breed year round.

If you live north, like me in Minnesota, and you plan to fly your birds then it is too late to breed. You will only put your young birds through stress over the winter.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Once they get used to their surroundings and feel secure, in a few days, they will begin the mating process, and eggs usually arrive about 5 to 10 days after.

·
Registered
508 Posts
hope it comes out ok!:):D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts