Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to ask a question behalf of my friend who is really into racing pigeons but can't speak English.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this kind of questions, but I want to know how you can breed racing pigeons.

First of all, I'm really new to racing pigeons, so if I'm saying something weird, please don't mind and kindly advise.

I want to ask if there's any formatted guide for breeding like how Raymund Hermes does.
We're thinking it's pretty major way of breeding in the center of racing pigeon production, like in Germany and Belgium, but it's just not famous in Japan, where we live.

I've read in this article, http://www.aikyunotomo.co.jp/topics/bn/topics_0812_01.html (sorry that it's in Japanese but wanted to give some reference), that Raymund Hermes uses this unique method where he assigns 6 female pigeons to 1 male pigeon for mating in one cycle.
And each mating taking an hour each.

This was unfamiliar to us, so wanted to hear how people breed pigeons overseas.

Are there any guides or reference for this?
It could be in any language or format. It would be fine.

I would appreciate any type of help from you.

Thanks,
Satoshi

·
Registered
1 Posts
introduction

G'Day all
First time poster, however I have followed this forum for a while and rather enjoy reading the questions and answers, you may have guessed I live in Sydney Australia. I have raced pigeons fairly successfully I may add 20 years ago however,due to work commitments I have been unable to race since. The closest I get now is at a mates loft
I have never lost the love of these amazing birds and would hope I may be able to impart some information no matter how small to other flyers.
Thank you

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi Satoshi,

Google translated the web page you referenced to English. You could research poly breeding or bull breeding. That is one cock to multiple hens. Do you have an amazing cock? Not one that has won races but won that consistently produces winners. If you don't I do not see much benefit in that kind of system.

There are several different methods or ideas about breeding. Line breeding, inbreeding, based on eyes sign, based on conformation, breeding your best cocks to your best hens.

This year (last Saturday for 2018 YB's) I just opened the cocks and hens sections up and let them pair with whomever they want. I doubt my results will be much different then when I have paired them up the way I thought they should be paired.

·
Registered
219 Posts
First welcome to the wonderful world of racing pigeons. Couple of questions for you. Do you belong to a club? How /where did you get your bird's? Do you know what you're bird's have done in racing/breeding ? What are your goals? Are you planning to race or just fly them around? I'm just entering my second season and I only had one bird make it through the season. My first year I just let the bird's choose their own mate. This year I have some pair's that worked well so I am keeping them together, the hen that made 8 straight races and 1500 miles is being mated to her uncle on the cocks side. If you are looking to build a family of bird's research line breeding, a lot of people breed best to best. I started out with bird's that I knew nothing about now I have added bird's from the past 2 champions and am looking to line breed and continue the 3 families as these are bird's that have been raced successfully. Good luck with your bird's and enjoy them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.