Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

We just found an injured pigeon. It was hit by a car and has a wound under its wing.

I remember reading not to use alcohol to clean the wound and we cleaned it with cool water. The pigeon is quite perky and will recover from what we see.

I would like to know if we could use a thin coat of Neosporin on the wound.

Thank you
Susan

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
yes you can, and you can clean it with hydrogen peroxide diluted a bit with water and then use the neosporin. better to clean it with nolvassan but most do not have that on hand, so use what you have. :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Foy's carries this, just FYI to anyone who is looking to buy it. One bottle makes a LOT of this stuff. I have had it for almost three years now and still have not used the whole bottle. I use it to clean EVERYTHING. :D
I know! I just love the stuff, it cleans wounds so well and the added use in the loft as well.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
u can also use diluted betadine to flush wounds, i usually use that first then if wound needs daily flushing i'll use the nolvasan, betadine is too drying.
i use it also to sterilize feeding utensils like syringes and feeding needles for the babies, just keep a tray by the sink and let them soak, change it every 4-5 days, good stuff

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
also if you can get the anti biotic cream rather than the petroleum based ones it doesn't muck up their feathers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts