Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've spoken before about this pigeon being aggressive with the single female I had, and he accidentally killed her a few days after her eggs hatched (or I hope accidentally, he did seem quite sad after).

Well I've been putting the two young pigeons that hatched at the start of summer outside all day (not overnight as they're struggling to see the nesting boxes as where they should nest and just stand out on perches etc. often looking agitated), and he's so aggressive towards them. Not just a little peck when they get too close, but chasing them around and off the large shelf in the aviary. He's a big king/fancy pigeon, and while the two young ones are his offspring , they're still only 2/3 his size at most and I'm scared he'll hurt them. I would get a second aviary and put it right next to the current one but I don't have the space. What can I do to try and stop him from being so aggressive?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi, that bird has to be in his own cage he will continue to beat up birds, the cage he is in he is the boss, you can try and mate him but the hen would have to be in her own cage outside of his cage until he gets mated and is happy with his hen, he will continue to beat up birds that you put in his cage

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, that bird has to be in his own cage he will continue to beat up birds, the cage he is in he is the boss, you can try and mate him but the hen would have to be in her own cage outside of his cage until he gets mated and is happy with his hen, he will continue to beat up birds that you put in his cage
Thank you for your response. I feared this might be the case. If he has a mate he is happy with will he become less aggressive? The rescue I got him from said he was wonderful and a gentleman of a pigeon, but ever since we got him he's been a terror to my other pigeons. I will do my best to find a solution

1 - 5 of 5 Posts