Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

ok my pigeon was raised around cats, my cats are well trained when around me they wont touch my pet birds but will go after wild ones

I dont know what to do tho my pigeon has no fear what so ever of cats

is there any way to teach him to fear them? Im worried if i let him out he will land in front of a cat or a dog and get eaten :(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I personally wouldnt let him out :(
it might be easier to just keep him away from other cats and dogs then to teach him to fear something he has never feared before.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
hello

ok my pigeon was raised around cats, my cats are well trained when around me they wont touch my pet birds but will go after wild ones

I dont know what to do tho my pigeon has no fear what so ever of cats

is there any way to teach him to fear them? Im worried if i let him out he will land in front of a cat or a dog and get eaten :(
don't let him out if this is what may happen. if he is a feral then do a soft release to a feral flock.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he is a domestic roller pigeon

he loves to fly

I can tell he is starting to get loanly and needs a friend

I have about 15 other pigeons in my outdoor loft but they are smart and very every fast they dont even let me touch them!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
he is a domestic roller pigeon

he loves to fly

I can tell he is starting to get loanly and needs a friend

I have about 15 other pigeons in my outdoor loft but they are smart and very every fast they dont even let me touch them!
do you fly the other pigeons? why is he not with the flock? you could fly him with other rollers as their is saftey in numbers.....im confused:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts