Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,you wanted to know how my OLD birds are flying at the NEW loft location..
Well,if you ever move your lofts to a new location,no matter if it`s 1 mile or 100 miles,don`t expect to win any races...As a matter of fact,don`t even expect to CLOCK any of your yearlings that flew really well at the OLD location...It`s 3 races down,and I haven`t clocked any of my yearlings yet...To make it even worse,I took a 2007 stock hen out of the stock loft,made her fly around the loft for three days,and shipped her last weekend to a 250 miler,and clocked her home FIRST to the loft...How`s that for a stock hen,only out 3 days at the new location ???
My yearlings are still coming in today (Monday)...Did have one of my OLDER birds hit the board at 8:58 PM Sunday night...My OLDER pigeons,2007 & 2006 birds,who were not raced in 2008,because I moved the lofts for the first time,in the last 3 years,are the only birds in the clock,and not racing home fast at all...But at least they are in the clock...The yearlings are stinking up my ............!!!! Put whatever word that you can think of and put it on the dots......that would be apply to how bad they are !!!
Seems I have wasted my time and money trying to get the OB`s to race to the new location...The yearlings were going to the OLD location on the 1st two races,instead of coming home at the NEW place...Now,they are just not coming home in race time period !!!......Well,at least my YB`s are doing well flying around.....Alamo

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
So,you wanted to know how my OLD birds are flying at the NEW loft location..
Well,if you ever move your lofts to a new location,no matter if it`s 1 mile or 100 miles,don`t expect to win any races...As a matter of fact,don`t even expect to CLOCK any of your yearlings that flew really well at the OLD location...It`s 3 races down,and I haven`t clocked any of my yearlings yet...To make it even worse,I took a 2007 stock hen out of the stock loft,made her fly around the loft for three days,and shipped her last weekend to a 250 miler,and clocked her home FIRST to the loft...How`s that for a stock hen,only out 3 days at the new location ???
My yearlings are still coming in today (Monday)...Did have one of my OLDER birds hit the board at 8:58 PM Sunday night...My OLDER pigeons,2007 & 2006 birds,who were not raced in 2008,because I moved the lofts for the first time,in the last 3 years,are the only birds in the clock,and not racing home fast at all...But at least they are in the clock...The yearlings are stinking up my ............!!!! Put whatever word that you can think of and put it on the dots......that would be apply to how bad they are !!!
Seems I have wasted my time and money trying to get the OB`s to race to the new location...The yearlings were going to the OLD location on the 1st two races,instead of coming home at the NEW place...Now,they are just not coming home in race time period !!!......Well,at least my YB`s are doing well flying around.....Alamo

LOL.........did you REALLY expect any different?? I knew a guy that did the same thing. The first year he raced from his new location, he went to the OLD house on race day and actually watched his birds show up one by one by one.........and EVENTUALLY they left and went to the new place..........well, some of them did anyway.
They're called "homers" for a reason....;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I think it is expected. Those old birds were more mature and were able to make the connections. The young ones need more time.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wishing and hoping that they would race home...It has cost me time and some $$ to find out they will not...I have 2 big long distance races coming up...And I am going to send a couple of the older birds to both races..If anything,they might turn out OK for 2010 OB races...But, I might just have to sell the yearlings,as they are good birds,but they just haven`t adopted the new location....Alamo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts