Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think they also called them kings & colomers? they where used in france and in the USA! for Farming squab production back in the days. but I really dont know. I think I read the term Hubbell being used in one of Mr. Wendells old pigeon books...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, did they breed well for you? Do you know of others who have them? Are your's solid white? Or do they have some red feathers on them? Supposedly a lot of Hubbells on the west coast are white with a few red feathers mixed in. The King breeders use them a lot for foster parents. My birds are solid white and bred very well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My birds are all white. As for breeding, I keep them split up . They seem to be super breeders. I started out with just one pen with hubbles,4 pair. Now I have three pens and a bunch of them. I let some cross to Giant Homers and have gotten bigger birds and alot of color. Again, a little goes along way when they get started. I've got alot of them because a man and his son wanted some, so I bred them. Then they never returned and I've got alot of birds. Got a few Kings and its easy to see the differance in size.
Don't have any pictures, should but don't.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
The name is HUBBLE and Mr.Hubble was a breeder of Kings so his birds came to be call HUBBLES strain . This past May 16 2011 there was a tread started by sport14692 where he bought 28 of them. Go to the search, type in Hubble then GO to PURCHASED 28 KINGS it should be the first one on the list ..GEORGE;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
hubbels

My birds are all white. As for breeding, I keep them split up . They seem to be super breeders. I started out with just one pen with hubbles,4 pair. Now I have three pens and a bunch of them. I let some cross to Giant Homers and have gotten bigger birds and alot of color. Again, a little goes along way when they get started. I've got alot of them because a man and his son wanted some, so I bred them. Then they never returned and I've got alot of birds. Got a few Kings and its easy to see the differance in size.
Don't have any pictures, should but don't.
Hi Larry,

Do you still have the Hubbels? How big are they compared to the white Kings and the Texas pioneers?

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts