Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey friends i am so happy and also would like to share my happiness as my dearest monto and molly gave their first egg either on 25th night or 26th morning ...whatever it is they gifted me with their first egg...i am really so happy and i am going to make them hatch..when can i expect the second egg....what all things do i need to take care of ..i want to make them fully convinient and happy...as they made me so happy....and i also thank all of u cos without your supports i would have not been able to give them and know wat they really want...so thank u so much pls i require ur comment....

G

·
just leave them alone and feed them well and all should be good ,they will take care of the rest ;) the second egg comes two days after the first is layed ,good luck and happy pigeondom to you:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Dear friends i am glad to tell u tat she has gifted me with her second egg tooo...i am so happy... i just want to ask u all a question now i don't have a loft and i can't have for one year cos i am living in a temporary place..so i am keeping them in my bedroom..but once they hatch i want to have only 2 pairs (one which i have already and second which is going to born) after tat all i will be replacing with fake eggs...can u please suggest me the cage size may be with partion for a pair..so that they can roam inside flap their wings and do all comforts..as now i am leaving them free inside my bedroom so they poop everywhere and now i can clean also but when it becomes 4 i can hardly clean but i want to have 2 pairs..so i want to make a little big cage to be placed in my bedroom..where i can just replace the paper which i will be spreading in the bottom of cage.....after 1 year i will be moving to my native place in india where i will have a loft arrangement...so please suggest me a cage size for 2 pairs...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sundar,
CONGRATS on yr 1st pair of eggs buddy :) I remember u said they are in your bedroom, try to give them some nesting materials. If you cannot provide the 'traditional' hay/straw/pine needles etc. then try cutting thin strips of paper [non-newsprint] and give some near their nest. they should start building a nest. Soon you will notice that the male will sit on the eggs most of the day. Make sure u have food/water handy for them. I think it's smart that you are thinking ahead about another cage, but it will still be a while before you need to seperate them, but good advance planning. Also, personally I try to keep egg contact to a minimum, that way reducing chances of abandonment. I'm so happy for you Sundar, you just started recently, and now soon hopefully you will have a family. Eggs [IF fertile..] should hatch in about 19~21 days. Sometimes takes a bit longer. I wish you and your pigeons a happy n healthy new year. Peace :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks warren ... shall i keep one more nest bowl inside the box now and provide them hays ...or no need of second nest bowl

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sundar,
No need of 2nd nest bowl yet. Since they just layed 1st pair, probably will not lay till these hatch. It's good u can provide straw, it's fun to see them build a nest. I liked your 1st pics, try to post some new ones. Everyday of the next ~20 days is a big waiting game, but hopefully at the end u get an awesome gift. Good luck :) Peace.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
do they build nest even after laying eggs...sorry to ask may i know the fun part in it...please tell me yaar as i go only in the evening at 7 ...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sundar,
Yes, I think they build a nest till they are satisfied. What I meant by 'fun', is that, I find it cool when they take the straw and build. Even if you only go after 7, your pigeons must feel secure, otherwise they would not lay eggs, so congrats :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey warren ....u r really great...as u told i spread more hays near the box and also few pieces of paper after reaching at 7....what an immediate response within 5 mins ..ya it was really fun watching it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts