Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

HAS ANY ONE EVER RACED THESE BIRDS IF SO HOW GOOD ARE THEY? I FOUND SOME FOR 5.00 EACH THAT A GUY USED FOR PUMPERS AND HE DON'T NEED THEM ANY MORE HE SAY THAT ARE PURE HE NEVER MIXED ANY OF HIS BIRDS AND HE HAS SOME jansens ALSO THAT ARE PURE I THINK I AM GOING TO BUY ALL HE HAS. SOUND LIKE A GOOD DEAL

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Well, I was just at the snowfest were the jones boys sold some of their Huskens and many of them sold for over $1000 ea. So, they are nice birds but you don't know what you will get for $5.00 and if they don't have peds and the guy ain't honest you really never know. Does he have race results? What proof does he have that they are what he says?

Let me tell you something about my breeding. We have money races that are from 340 miles for me both our auction and futurity are the same station. I now have birds that placed 1st, 1st, 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 11th, and 15th. All are different birds hens and cocks and bred together This is something that really matters to me. This station is the most important of the year and I produce birds that can fly this from these birds. So, I guess I don't care what it is if it can do it that is what matters to me.

So, try them out and if they will do what you want then great!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I agree, if it works, it works. That's really all that matters in the end. Although you would think if they were being used as pumpers instead of breeders, they must not have been that great or they wouldn't be foster parents. Pure this and pure that doesn't matter, since good and bad pigeons come in every shape, size, and strain.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THEY GUY IS A OLDER ONE AND HE SAY THE husken/van reil HE GOT ARE FROM A GUY WHO DOES ALLOT OF futurity RACES AND DOES REALLY WELL WITH THEM IN THE RACES. HE JUST WANT ME TO KEEP THEM PURE THAT IS WHY I AM GETTING THEM SO CHEAP HE EVEN LOWER THE PRICE MORE FOR ME SINCE I AM TAKE ALL HIS HOMES (HUSKEN/VAN REIL AND JANSENS) TOTAL OF 21 BIRDS FOR 65.00 THAT IS A GREAT PRICE.

THANKS VIC

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
When i flew, i started with a pair or two of HVR's. (given to me) Mine were true HOMERS, in any weather, any condition. I did great on the really tough races with them. I first kept homers to train out and fly, not race. i was looking for military, message type of birds. MY HVR's were the best. Of course just because someone calls them HVR's does not mean they are the same strain i had. BUT mine had more heart and soul than any other strains i ever had the honor of owning. Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pigeons

Hi

These Are A Very Good Looking Birds And They Fill Really Stout To The Other Homer Like Jansens And These The Real Deal. I Have To Look Up The Band And Get The Guy That Had Them Before This Guy I Bought From

1 - 7 of 7 Posts