Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Today I got a Laceneck Dove that my friend couldn't take care of anymore. It is a male and When I put them in a cage with the Ringneck Doves, they wouldn't stop hurting him. So I put them in the loft with the Valencian Figuritas, and they didn't do anything to him, in fact one of the females started preening the bird. And he would coo to the female. Is it possible they could make a hybrid. I am not really looking forward to having a hybrid since I have never thought about having one. But is there a possibility they would make hybrids because I know there are Ringneck Hybrids, and the Laceneck Dove is Streptopelia too, it might be possible but I am not sure. I know that they will be sterile but I am not sure about any of the other stuff. Should I remove the bird? Could the bird being in the pigeon loft cause problems?

I am concerned that the pigeons might hurt him, but so far there hasn't been any reactions.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
If they hit it off and elect to become a mated pair...could be they would make viable offspring.

I'd let them have a go...see what happens.

Are they about the same size?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really want them to have a go because I am not sure the hybrids would be normal or anything but I have never had hybrids so I really wouldn't no. They could pair up, but I will probably replace the eggs. :confused: But my Valencian Figurita hen is a bit bigger, because she eats a lot, and I mean A LOT! LOL. One of my male Figuritas are smaller then her. But the laceneck is half an inch bigger than my Ringneck Doves. So they are about the same size I cant really tell until the Laceneck unpuffs himself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hybrid laceneck

Have you produced this laceneck hybrid or not?

https://picasaweb.google.com/zakriya78/PigeonDoveHybrids

I don't really want them to have a go because I am not sure the hybrids would be normal or anything but I have never had hybrids so I really wouldn't no. They could pair up, but I will probably replace the eggs. :confused: But my Valencian Figurita hen is a bit bigger, because she eats a lot, and I mean A LOT! LOL. One of my male Figuritas are smaller then her. But the laceneck is half an inch bigger than my Ringneck Doves. So they are about the same size I cant really tell until the Laceneck unpuffs himself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts