Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a month ago my loft got brocken into and all my birds nicked all i had left was a black and white cock bird which is on his own i was thinking of givening up but i would have missed those long race days in just hope that the robbers dont come back for seconds have any of you have birds nicked

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I assume "nicked" means stolen. That is a shame.

If you give up, the robbers win and control you life in some aspect. Do not let them take more away from you. They took your birds. Do not let them take your hobby.

Get a dog or a camera.

·
Registered
875 Posts
have you thought about cctv for loft???its not that expensive from places like homebase or b and q,its easy to install and would give you peace of mind!please dont give up on pigeons,you have come this far,i know its disheartening if something like that happens,but dont let em win,are your pigeons who were stolen banded?are they recognisable(colour patterns etc)if theyre banded you may be able to trace them!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you thought about cctv for loft???its not that expensive from places like homebase or b and q,its easy to install and would give you peace of mind!please dont give up on pigeons,you have come this far,i know its disheartening if something like that happens,but dont let em win,are your pigeons who were stolen banded?are they recognisable(colour patterns etc)if theyre banded you may be able to trace them!
no there not banded and all pure white

·
Registered
875 Posts
id say to you,please,,band your birds!i have soem spare coloured coil bands,if you pm me id be happy to send you some,also as a detterent,you can buy "fake"cctv units,they look like real ones and can deter thieves,but real one is best of course,even one of those security (P>I>R)lights,which flash on if intruders come near may be enough of a detterant

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Darn, James!! I'm so sorry!!

Yes, I agree that you should band...even with snap bands.

AND, although unfortunately needed, some kind of security would sure help your peace of mind!

Wishing you ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE!

Hugs

Shi :)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
So sorry about that. I've read that there was this incident where some person killed all pigeon babies of some 60 years old fancier. I also read that in England, some people burn your lofts. Much be lots of jealousy/envy there!

·
Registered
393 Posts
a month ago my loft got brocken into and all my birds nicked all i had left was a black and white cock bird which is on his own i was thinking of givening up but i would have missed those long race days in just hope that the robbers dont come back for seconds have any of you have birds nicked
Sorry to hear that James, sickening news.I did get broken into, but I think it was a bunch of kid's and I think the bird's scared them more that they scared the bird's.
In the early nineties we had a spate of breaking's and pigeons stolen.The issue was brought up at combine level. It was suggested that random loft inspections take place.Unfortunatly it was voted down.Just my opinion,but I don't think any honest pigeon flyer would object to a loft inspection.
Jame's I hope you get your bird's.Dont give up!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Sorry to hear about this James :( Don't give up though!
Banding the birds is very important. Even though snap bands can be taken off, and seamless bands can be cut off, it still gives you a better chance at identifying them if the police get involved. Even if you were to find out who took them, who's to say that bird is yours or his if there's no way of prooving it?
Try finding a way to better intruder-proof your loft. Other than that, all you can do is hope for the best, and that this doesn't happen again! :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Really sad news, James. Do not let them beat you though - keep raising pigeons and spreading your love of these beautiful creatures - you have so much to offer both pigeons and humans, and it would be tragic if you let this event rob you of your chance to do so much good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bastards!!! That's what they are James........
I hope your birds escape & fly home to you....in the meantime don't give up...get some more birds & start again.
Hugs & Kisses x x x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts