Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I did all my normal stuff: Wake up, clean the cages. Feed the birds. I put the pigeon mix, mixed with the cardinal one. Some safflower seeds here and there. Some peas. Took a shower.
Every time I went into the room, one of my pijjies started following me. She was around my feet, and perching in my arms. When I opened the placard door, where I keep their food, she immediately flew to the table next to it. "I have already fed you!" I told her a couple of times. She had enough food for two days I think.
Later, when I sat on the computer, she flew to the keyboard and started typing weird stuff. She ended up sitting in my hand, moved to my arm, and to my shoulders. She stayed there for a couple of hours. I was wondering what was happening to her, already, because she never does that.
I cleaned some poops on the floor, with her perching on me. Eventually I moved in a weird way and she flew to her cage to eat something more.
Then, an epiphany.
The pellets! How could I have forgotten them! They are her favorite kind of food. So I put some pellets in her cage, while she looked at me with a "finally you remembered" face. I swear she was accusing me, lol. I bet she thinks I'm a bad mom.
She happily ate the pellets, and perched back on her books, as she normally does.
Talk about spoiled!

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
LOL, don't you wish they could talk? Those guys are so smart.

Reti

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
aww, she's so smart, i betcha she was typing pellets!!pellets!! my starling is always trying to hack my puter, and my cockatoo just tries to remove the keys

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's smarter than all the people I live with, she doesn't complain about me not having Windows!
Haha, I have two pigeons. The other one is not as sociable as her.

Today I remembered about the pellets. But I left my placard door open, and she got into it, and started pecking a bag. I picked it up to see what it was - the cardinal mix. She just adores some brown round seeds (dunno what they are) that are there. She pecked the bag, and flew to my arm. When I put some cardinal mix for her, she quickly ate all those seeds. And back to the placard, pecking the bag, then to my shoulder xD. I put the mix two more times until I said enough, that is not a really balanced diet, haha.
I love that bird, she's so incredibly smart. And a bit spoiled.

·
Registered
967 Posts
It is amazing just how smart they are

1 - 9 of 9 Posts