Pigeon-Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working in the garage office yesterday and listening to Lucas (Mobrella) doing his adorable little laughing gas voice vocalizations, Bubba (Nanday Conure) squawking, and Junebug (African Grey) happily doing her water gurgling sounds and her version of the Nokia cell phone ring tone. All of a sudden, Junebug says "My Oh My! GOOFBALL!". I have no idea where she came up with this, but it's another Junie first. I know she picks up most of her words from things she hears me say, but I truly don't recall ever using the term "goofball" around her. :p

Terry

·
Registered
892 Posts
Talking parrots are a riot!! My Sunny has a vocabulary of at least 30/35 different expressions. Most he learned from my clients in the grooming shop.... thank you...bye-bye ... I'll be back ... see you later... etc. He was only ''taught'' Nona...come here!!! But he amazes me sometimes when he comes up with something new. African Greys are the #1 talkers..... my Sunny is a Quaker and they are #2 followed by #3 budgies.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Maybe she watches Golf when you are out on the TV and meant GOLF BALL!.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope! Junie is totally phonetically correct .. she said GOOFBALL and she meant GOOFBALL .. :p Now .. Lucas .. he gets calls on my cell phone from his Auntie Catherine in the UK .. god love this woman .. she spends a LOT of money to call and "talk" to Lucas ..

Lucas speaks in a little laughing gas voice .. totally smart and totally says things that make sense but his little voice from such a large bird makes people laugh .. Mommie knows better .. Mommie no longer has a functioning washing machine or dryer thanks to Lucas ..

Terry (The Mommie of Lucas)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
That is so funny. My ex bf (still a good friend)has "custody" of our princess of wales parrot, Hana, as well as her flock of a cockatiel and two keets. When I visited her recently, she had her usual repertoire of a wolf whistle, a sliding whistle, car alarm (the one with all the different sounds), telephone ringing, "Hi Hana", "cookie", "who's a pretty girl/bird", "what are you doing (in here)", "hi baby", and other cute sayings.

I was sitting with her and saw she has since picked up some new words. . .in her string of "babbling" (sounds like someone talking on the phone in the next room, with some real words thrown in here and there) I heard "barbeque", "company tonight", "Cockatiel" (the 'tiel's name, I know, real original :rolleyes:), Deedoo (my ex's gf's kitty who lives with them), "kitty",and best of all, very accurate whistling for his little dog, as well as calling "Seymour! Here, boy! C'mon Seymour!" Followed by more whistling. She used to do a mumbled version of it but now has it perfected, sounding just like a high-pitched version of someone calling Seymour (who doesn't fall for it anymore). :p:D Luckily his girlfriend loves animals and especially has a good bond with Hana, who also likes her a lot. ;)

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Those were great!! I should let my husband read them. He complains when poor little Wally chews on the back of the wooden chairs or the blades on the ceiling fans. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I must be the luckiest parrot keeper in the world. Sunny has never destroyed even his own toys. He's 13 and still has his baby toys. He has the freedom of the whole place all day and he has his wings.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
WHAT a RIOT, Terry!!

I KNOW you are busy but did you ever record Lucas talking? Is there a picture of him??

Talk about a character! He takes the cake!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
That Lucas has a pretty impressive list of accomplishments. He is so luck to have such an understanding owner! Now if you could just find a money-making outlet for all his energy! :D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
That Lucas has a pretty impressive list of accomplishments. He is so luck to have such an understanding owner! Now if you could just find a money-making outlet for all his energy! :D
Start charging and take him on the various talk shows. Have a washing machine just like yours, put him on it in his cage and let the cameras roll!!

He would become known as the only bird capable of destroying a washing machine within an hour or less! :rolleyes::D :D

Love and Hugs
Shi

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.