Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a message on my ph last night someone had found one of my birds, i did a stock take and found i had 2 birds missing 2008 118# and 2008 123# when i called back this morn i was informed that the bird was found dead only 300 meters from the loft in a residetial area but on a storage yard, the storage yard is directly under main power lines,
i picked up the bird 208118# and have found that there is a hole (entrance wound in the chest and exit wound in the middle of the back having broken the shoulder blade :(
i am so shocked! i have never had or heard of any complaints and have had birds for 3+ years i am scared that the other missing bird has met the same fate!,
has any one else experianced this and do any of you have sugestions on how to find the culpret?
i am so scared to let my birds out again now :(

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thats really awful. I hope you find the person that is doing this. I would be scared also to let my birds out until you find the person that did this. I noticed your in New Zealand so I'm not familar with the laws on shooting birds. Maybe you should knock on doors where you found the bird. Take someone with you while you go knocking on doors. mindy

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, what a terrible thing. I hope you catch who did it somehow and your birds stay safe.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That sucks! I am sorry to hear that. I experienced the same, but I can't prove it was my neighbor. I heard the shot, but didn't see they did it. Cops here say that If I didn't personally witness it, I have no case. Case closed! Be on a lookout. Either someone hates pigeons, mistaken them for wild pigeons, or some kids who think shooting them is fun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I am sorry to hear that. I experienced the same, but I can't prove it was my neighbor. I heard the shot, but didn't see they did it. Cops here say that If I didn't personally witness it, I have no case. Case closed!
One of my dogs was poisoned once, but we didn't have any hard evidence... (The vets insisted he had Parvo, but our other dogs didn't die, and the symptoms were different.)

But, back on topic, I hope you find out who killed your bird...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If you have not received complaints yet my guess is that it is probably some teenager shooting off in his/her backyard. Most adults realize that there are ordinances about firing guns in residential areas. If it were an adult you would have probably gotten some sort of visit, either by the individual or by the local law enforcement if they didn't have the guts to face you. This sounds like a teenager that doesn't realize or care that they are breaking the law with this behavior. I would ask around with people that have teenagers in your neighborhood first.

So sorry to hear you are having this problem. I hope it all gets resolved.

Dan

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your bird(s). People can be so cruel--I guess that is why we here at Pigeon Talk love Pigeons. A Pigeon wouldn't, or couldn't, hurt anybody!

·
Registered
702 Posts
If you have not received complaints yet my guess is that it is probably some teenager shooting off in his/her backyard. Most adults realize that there are ordinances about firing guns in residential areas. If it were an adult you would have probably gotten some sort of visit, either by the individual or by the local law enforcement if they didn't have the guts to face you. This sounds like a teenager that doesn't realize or care that they are breaking the law with this behavior. I would ask around with people that have teenagers in your neighborhood first.

So sorry to hear you are having this problem. I hope it all gets resolved.

Dan

yeah always blame the teenagers lol yeah i agree

1 - 8 of 8 Posts