Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Federal Way, Washington. My husband almost ran over a pigeon because it wouldn't or couldn't fly. I got out and walked up to it and it tried to walk away and hopped and fluttered but I was able to get it without much trouble. It doesn't seem injured. Makes no sound. Didn't try to bite me. It looks like an adult except it has a few pine needle looking things on its chest that are attached. I put it in a medium dog kennel with some branches to perch on. I gave it water but so far it has done nothing but perch and sleep. HELP. I don't know what to do! I haven't seen other pigeons around and there are cats, etc in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have put some dry lentils in a dish in the kennel (all I had last night, and read that they might eat that). So far I haven't seen it eat. I just picked it up last night. I was planning on getting some wild bird seed today unless there is something better I should get. Is it a juvenile? Or do you think it doesn't fly or make noise because its injured? There are no obvious signs of injury. It seems to be moving around the kennel along the few branches ok. No drooping wings. It's tail is kind of ruffled.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I do not know much about this species, and it may be protected. It would be best to find a wild bird rehabber in your area to care for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts