Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she is fully feathered, tail not fully grown tho..
after doing some research i found out that they fledge about the 12th day and i think she is about that age.
i offered her some seeds she wont eat it..
her nest is located under the bridge, s i know where its at, i seen her mom.
i think i made a mistake by taking her and i want to take her back early in the morning, there is a little park close to the nest, and tomorrow is sunday and that area is neverrrr busy.. no dogs, no cats..
so im thinking about taking her back.. now its getting late and im afraid mom wont see her
what do u guys suggest?? \
she wont eat at my place, and force feeding the baby thats weaned seems almost imposible,, she is quite skittish. running away from me..
wish i knew what i know now b4 i took her.. i thought i was saving her...

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
See what her poops and urates look like for now to overnight.

If you see watery urates or yellowish watercolor paint like urates, she will need medical treatment.

If in doubt, post some well focused close up images, and we can advise.

If a Baby is sick, the parents generally stop feeding them, and the Baby gets desperate and ends up working their way out of the Nest, to the ground of course.

Healthy Babys sometimes are just so rambunctious, and or a Nest not so large as it should have been, and they too end up on the ground, and should be put back...and checked on now and then to make sure they have not fallen again.

If everything seems healthy and good, you can gently put her back in the Nest, and all should be well.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know where the nest is at, but i cant reach it..
area where i found her, its really hidden away so its not busy at all..
her poop looks good, i gave her seeds she wont take it.. il leave her some water in the dish cause force feeding seems imposible, i tried, she terrified.
i'll leave her under the nest early morning, and then check to see if she around when im on my way back from work..

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
At this age, they have never seen food/seeds/water before, and would not have any way to associate it with their experience of mom and dad feeding them.

If the Baby is indeed healthy, get a Ladder...or a friend and their ladder...Lol...

If not, see if you can find a sympathetic Rehabber in your area to hand them over to.

Unless everything is done with practiced finesse, the Baby - at this age especially - will tend to remain terrified, resistent, willful, and will not accept anyone fussing with them or trying to feed them, and trying to will only make things worse...and will thus be very difficult to succeed with, and, there will be also issues of however to socialize them to their fellows as they are growing up, for release once mature enough, and other troubles.

Baby Pigeons are much more 'forgiving' ( but even then! )

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just an update, i forced the food down her throat, and it slides like crazy, she was hungry
and if im gonna keep her or not.. hell yeah i will keep her..till she ready to leave my nest :)

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
goga...how will she find food without her parents to show her? If it's safe to do so, you should return her. Birds do grieve the loss of their babies.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
I hope you will put this youngster back where it came from Goga. It seems you did realize that it didn't need to be rescued once you had a chance to see how the bird was acting. It's really hard to know whether to intervene or not and often we do intervene when we shouldn't have. The quicker that mistake can be remedied, the better. Please think this out and keep us posted.

Terry

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok im gettin ready to leave for work and im taking her back, i'l feed her before i take her back..
i feed her with that katye baby formula, cause she refused to look at seeds :9
i hope im doing the right thing.
at least she not gonna be hungry..
on my way home from work i'll check on her..
i hope she makes it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just hope i dont get any replies about keeping her, cause thats gonna mess me up. i'll be at work all day and unable to check the pigeon talk.
it is what it is. more people telling me to take her back.. even tho she wont be placed in the nest.. she'll be left right under the nest.
so i really hope im doing the right thing..
she is cute thou..
ok thanks guys

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
baby is fine .. i checked on her after work and i seen her mom feeding her.. so it worked out, my heart is in the right place now :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts