Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This looks like a fancy pigeon, it has only two numbers on its band. I would love to find the owner as I can not keep this bird. It is safe but it's wing is injured. Please let me know if anyone can help me. Thanks-Carmon 206 227-1404

· Registered
99 Posts
If it only has two numbers it is most likely just a common band that anyone could purchase at a feed store. I'm not sure what population Issaquah is but if it's a small enough town my best advice is take the pigeon to the nearest feed store, there they will have seed and know how to care for him and hopefully the owner will stop in and see his or her bird next time they go. I found one of my lost birds that way, she had been shot but I was able to get her to a vet and it all worked out.
How bad is the injury? Can you keep him overnight? Just be sure to keep him calm in a cardboard box with air holes in a quiet place, and in the morning offer him water (pigeons drink differently then other birds so it will need to be a dish at least as deep as his beak) just don't leave a dish in with him overnight.
I hope this helps. Thanks for worrying about him! His owner will be happy someone cares.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.