Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello please can someone advise me
He was at the side of the road looking shell shocked
I scooped him up and brought him home. I've Google what to do and wrapped him up warm with a ( not too) hot water bottle. Hes had some water, some egg food and small grains of bird food. I can't see any obvious damage and there's no blood on him but His heads a bit wobbly but he can hold it up. He's missing some feathers on his throat and he's a bit lumpy under his chin. I'll will take him to the vets but I'd really like to fix him so I can release him
I was going to attach a picture to see what you thought but I cant work out how to 馃槪
Wend x

Premium Member
Hello please can someone advise me
He was at the side of the road looking shell shocked
I scooped him up and brought him home. I've Google what to do and wrapped him up warm with a ( not too) hot water bottle. Hes had some water, some egg food and small grains of bird food. I can't see any obvious damage and there's no blood on him but His heads a bit wobbly but he can hold it up. He's missing some feathers on his throat and he's a bit lumpy under his chin. I'll will take him to the vets but I'd really like to fix him so I can release him
I was going to attach a picture to see what you thought but I cant work out how to 馃槪
Wend x
Thank you for helping the little one. The less stress for the moment is best. Do leave him with fresh bowl of drinking water and dish of bird seed.

Can you gently check his breast/keel bone and see if it is sharp? If it is he will need hand feedings.

Has he pooped at all? What does it look like?

Can you check down his throat and see if it is blocked or has any kind of yellow lesions there? I am concerned about the feathers missing and lumpy throat and that may be canker and needs immediate treatment.

Canker : http://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/canker.htm

Here is a wonderful UK link on handfeeding peas, easiest and least stressful method: http://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/peasandcorn.htm

Here is a link with rescue centers in UK: http://www.pigeonrescue.co.uk/rescuecentres.htm

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thats what he's got, poor chick. His chest is bony so I'm guessing he is hungry. I keep drip feeding him the liquidised egg food and he appears to be swallowing so I'm hoping some is going in. His poop is mainly white with little bits of green in. I'll keep drip feeding him through the night and get him to the vets for treatment in the morning. Thanks sooooo much for your help. Is there any thing else I can do to help him in the meantime?

Premium Member
Wow thats what he's got, poor chick. His chest is bony so I'm guessing he is hungry. I keep drip feeding him the liquidised egg food and he appears to be swallowing so I'm hoping some is going in. His poop is mainly white with little bits of green in. I'll keep drip feeding him through the night and get him to the vets for treatment in the morning. Thanks sooooo much for your help. Is there any thing else I can do to help him in the meantime?
Thank you for your care.

Keep him warm and make sure food is warm. A liquid baby bird formula would really be beneficial now. He will need metrodonidazole asap.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ooooh nooooooooooo my poor baby pigeon died at 2am. I'm gutted, I so wanted him to get better. Sorry guys I did my best. He was wrapped up in a soft towel and was warm, I cried for him and said a little prayer. What a shame ?

Premium Member
Ooooh nooooooooooo my poor baby pigeon died at 2am. I'm gutted, I so wanted him to get better. Sorry guys I did my best. He was wrapped up in a soft towel and was warm, I cried for him and said a little prayer. What a shame ?
I am so sorry. Please do not feel bad, the baby did not look well at all, and it may have been just too late for the poor thing.

Thank you for giving the little one warmth and care (and the little prayer) in his last hours.

Registered
I'm sorry you lost him. Probably just too late for him. Thanks for trying for him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And if another one comes along I'll know. how to help him. Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated. It's just so sad and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.