Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about five white pigoens visit my balcony. I feed them twice a day(5am and & 7 Pm). These pigones are friends of an injured pigone that six month ago I found while driving. I just kept him home, and fed him he limped for long while and then completly cured . He took three month to heal then I let him loose. He got himself a wife within days then 3 girlfriends(adultry in my porch ?? I am not happy about). Then appeox three weeks ago another very big white pigon that has two bands on his leg has joined the crowd. any ways yesterday I found one egg on my balcony. I put some hey inside the book shelf that I have partially blocked and left the egg in the middle of the hey. I would appreciate if the experts tell me in terms of 1,2,3, what I have to do next Than k you so much

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
They normally lay two eggs (though not always) so you can expect another the following day or maybe the day after. Whether they will use the 'nest' or not one can't tell. They quite likely would not be aware that the egg which is repositioned is theirs, but there's no telling with pigeons :)

Other than that, they are best left to it. If the egg(s) do not get incubated by the birds, they will just not start to develop. I sometimes find an egg on my balcony which no-one claims. I do have one pair who have nested here off and on for years in a box I gave them, but I change the newly laid eggs for plastic ones before they begin to develop. No point in adding many more pigeons to the local flock, when it's never easy for them to find food, so it is humane control in their interests. They did slip a couple by me anyway, being sneaky pigeons :)

Well done for getting your injured one back to health!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts