Pigeon-Talk banner

I found pmv virus diagnosed pegion what to do????

Tags
#pmv
380 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  YaSin11 
#1 ·
Hey please help me I am a citizen from a very low locality area I have founded a pigeon diagnosed with PMV virus I don't know what to do I am afraid that it can affect me because I have a close contact with him please have any suggestions to help me so please help me I am really afraid

#3 ·
Hi Aliza,

From Google ; " Paramyxovirus strains are generally capable of affecting other avian species including poultry. ... Human infection with this virus is rare and usually occurs only in people who have close, direct contact with infected birds. The virus causes mild flu-like symptoms." and "One of a group of RNA viruses that are predominantly responsible for acute respiratory diseases and are usually transmitted by airborne droplets."

As recommended above, best to wash your hands after handling the pigeon. Also, since it is transmitted through the air, you might want to wear a mask to be more safe.

I'm curious; what do you mean 'found'?...is this your pet pigeon? a rescue?

Either ways, stay safe and Good Luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.