Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in an apartment building in NY and our building's balconies are all under construction. The construction was paused in november, and resumed in beginning of April, today I opened the door of the balcony which wasnt opened for a long time and I found a nest with two eggs and a pigeon. The pigeon is mot flying away, they are right under the door, also behind the broken pieces of concrete that have piled up. What should I do? I want to help the piegons to the best of my abilities. Please give me suggestions. Thanks! image.jpg

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Don't know what it is you want to know. If you plan on using your balcony, then throw out the eggs and shoo her away. If you want to try and share the space with them, then maybe put a box further to the other end of balcony, add some straw and put the eggs in on the straw. The pigeons may abandon them because they were moved. But don't see how else you will be able to use the balcony. They are kind of messay to have on a balcony as they do poop a lot. and it'll be a couple of months before you get the place back. If you just destroy the nest and don't let them rebuild, they will go elsewhere to nest.
If the balcony will still be under construction, then they can't stay there anyway, and better to get rid of them now, then have them chased off when there are babies there who are not ready to leave the nest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts