Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meeting our member, batman23, this afternoon. He graciously drove all the way down here to adopt some pigeons from me. He got some nice ones (he has a good eye for the birds)!

I'll be looking forward to seeing some pics of them in his loft. I had been so SURE about one of the birds being a hen .. well .. as soon as he put that bird in his carrier with the others, it was quite obvious that the bird was NOT a hen :eek:

Nice to have met you, batman23, and thank you for giving the birds a great home!

Terry

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
...I had been so SURE about one of the birds being a hen .. well .. as soon as he put that bird in his carrier with the others, it was quite obvious that the bird was NOT a hen :eek:
Terry
Oh, those pigeons are sooooo tricky!! ;)

So cool that you two were able to connect...and that batman23 was able to offer a good home to some special birds. Looking forward to pictures!

·
Registered
777 Posts
batman23 also adopted two pair of my birds last week...he watched them carefully and made his choice (by flashlight)...not pairs I necessarily would have expected someone to choose, but he was looking for something very specific and I hope he was pleased with the 4 birds he took. (One couple I was not sure were a pair but he was...so here's hoping!) BTW...he seemed like a nice young man and I felt good about giving these birds into his care. I am glad that Terry had the same impression as I try to be careful where to place these birds.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I kinda think at this point that batman23 might be a bit overloaded with cock birds, but I don't know that for a fact. He got some lovely birds from me today, but most of them were cock birds. I thought I was close on the hen to cock ratio, but in the end, I wasn't. The banded racers he got were largely from the Eleanor Roosevelt School Project in Visalia, and they are very fine quality racing pigeons. A couple of the birds he got were not closed banded but still very nice birds. I hope he will enjoy them and share their lives with us here on Pigeon-Talk.

I'm very happy to have had a Pigeon-Talk member adopt these birds.

Terry

·
Registered
109 Posts
Meeting our member, batman23, this afternoon. He graciously drove all the way down here to adopt some pigeons from me. He got some nice ones (he has a good eye for the birds)!

I'll be looking forward to seeing some pics of them in his loft. I had been so SURE about one of the birds being a hen .. well .. as soon as he put that bird in his carrier with the others, it was quite obvious that the bird was NOT a hen :eek:

Nice to have met you, batman23, and thank you for giving the birds a great home!
you know us birds lover we do anything for our birds :)!

ill be taking pictures tomorrow of the nice birds that i got from you terry and and ill take some pics of the birds that i got from kippermom too. and will try to take pics of all my birds.

haha... yea that one cock that you thought was a hen that was really funny its all getting aggresive with everyone on my loft but i have one that owns the whole loft so he pretty much get a lil scared but he has his own place now.
but all the birds are nice, 3 banded with au band and healthy! for sure tommrow will have those pics up for you guys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, I kinda think at this point that batman23 might be a bit overloaded with cock birds, but I don't know that for a fact. He got some lovely birds from me today, but most of them were cock birds.

I'm very happy to have had a Pigeon-Talk member adopt these birds.

Terry

yea terry i have more cock birds right now but i think it will work out for me just fine . ill just use different hens for different cocks every mating season, so my loft dont get too crowded. thank you so much for the lovely birds it was a pleasure to adopt them. :D

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey terry this is some of my birds when i first started i got it from a co-church of mine but he took some back and wanted to start with them again but heres a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_rfId6_dU

my favorite one is the white and black one.
I enjoyed the video and seeing your birds, batman23! I like that black and white one a lot!

Terry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.