Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cockatiel, he just turned 1 and his name is Colonel Crumpet. Hes well with other birds as my gf has 3 of her own, a fiery shouldered conure, a turquoise conure, and a parakeet. Him and the turquoise have grown close as of recently. I have to move away from them and the tiel is coming with me, im concerned without the turquoise he might get sad/depressed. I was wondering if a pigeon would make a good companion for him, if i needed to get another bird.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a friend on Facebook who has several cockatiels & several pigeons, which cohabit quite happily, however that’s not always the case... it may depend on the personalities of the birds in question. Hookbills such as cockatiels can do some decent damage with their beaks, unlike pigeons, so despite the size difference, it’d be important to supervise them at all times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a friend on Facebook who has several cockatiels & several pigeons, which cohabit quite happily, however that’s not always the case... it may depend on the personalities of the birds in question. Hookbills such as cockatiels can do some decent damage with their beaks, unlike pigeons, so despite the size difference, it’d be important to supervise them at all times.
Are they indoor birds? My tiel is only indoors and doesnt fly. I would like to have a pigeon the same way aswell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts