Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But mom and dad won't let me see him yet. He's about 8 days old. 2 of the 3 new fantails I got last fall paired up. Dad is black, mom is dun. They won't get off him and get upset if I get too close so I don't want to disturb them.
Pictures soon I hope :)

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!
Waiting for the pics.

Reti

·
Registered
896 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
YEEEE HAAAW, WAYNETTE!!

CONGRATULATIONS !! to the proud parents and YOU!

Can't wait to see pictures!! And, yes, we know all about those protective parents! Wing Fus and Beak Strikes galore!!

Love and Hugs

Shi and the gang :)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I do the evening feeding, Mom's on and she's a little more intimidated and nervous when I peak. She'll lean a bit so I can see him a little.
Morning feedings, Dad's on duty and he means business! He sits firmly, covering him completely and gives me the evil eye as if to say "don't even think about it lady" :eek:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
did you get a good look when you banded him?, here "mom and dad" have to let me see the youngin, to get the band on. good thing Im pretty quick at it now.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did you get a good look when you banded him?, here "mom and dad" have to let me see the youngin, to get the band on. good thing Im pretty quick at it now.
Why'd you have to ask that? I don't band my birds :eek: There just pets.

G

·
Why'd you have to ask that? I don't band my birds :eek: There just pets.
I would band them if I was you but thats just me , it does help one to keep track of whos who with just a look of the color band on their leg and it sort of gives them an identification too.. bands are so cheap and I always have it in the back of my mind as to the what if one of my birds gets lost and someone finds it it would have that better chance of finding its way back to me even thou I have yet to ever get one back that went missing theres always that first time right :eek: oh and just so you know all my birds are just pets all 200 of them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
896 Posts
I get snap-on bands from Foy's, with personalized labels with my name and phone number. :)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would band them if I was you but thats just me , it does help one to keep track of whos who with just a look of the color band on their leg and it sort of gives them an identification too.. bands are so cheap and I always have it in the back of my mind as to the what if one of my birds gets lost and someone finds it it would have that better chance of finding its way back to me even thou I have yet to ever get one back that went missing theres always that first time right :eek: oh and just so you know all my birds are just pets all 200 of them :rolleyes:
200 :eek:
I know, and I can't tell you how many times I have gone thru Foy's catalog to purchase some snap on's with my phone #. And I will, but it just seems everytime I get ready to order them - something else comes up that takes the funds :eek:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts