Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a problem with pigeons bellowing, as they do, on my balcony resulting in complaints from my neighbors below. Upon further investigation, I found that they had set up a nest and had eggs, etc. I called Oakland Animal Control who referred me to the County Vector Service which I called. Two people came out and looked at the situation and the consensus was that there was nothing to be done since eggs were present. The pigeon pair were dutiful re the care of the eggs and I became familiar as to which was the mother and which was the father. I have monitored the situation on a daily basis to see how things are going. Today, I found a pigeon occupying the nest which I did not recognize. It had yellow fuzz on although it was fairly good sized. Could it be one that hatched out? It allowed me to clean a bit of the poop out, but its respiration was rapid. The beak marking was not evident as it was with the parents' beaks. What am I seeing? Is it healthy? There was an egg outside laying about 2" from the nesting bird. I would appreciate any info you might be able to send. I would like to clean more of the droppings out if possible.

Thanks.

Adele Louise
An Accidental Pigeon Tender

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I had a problem with pigeons bellowing, as they do, on my balcony resulting in complaints from my neighbors below. Upon further investigation, I found that they had set up a nest and had eggs, etc. I called Oakland Animal Control who referred me to the County Vector Service which I called. Two people came out and looked at the situation and the consensus was that there was nothing to be done since eggs were present. The pigeon pair were dutiful re the care of the eggs and I became familiar as to which was the mother and which was the father. I have monitored the situation on a daily basis to see how things are going. Today, I found a pigeon occupying the nest which I did not recognize. It had yellow fuzz on although it was fairly good sized. Could it be one that hatched out? It allowed me to clean a bit of the poop out, but its respiration was rapid. The beak marking was not evident as it was with the parents' beaks. What am I seeing? Is it healthy? There was an egg outside laying about 2" from the nesting bird. I would appreciate any info you might be able to send. I would like to clean more of the droppings out if possible.

Thanks.

Adele Louise
An Accidental Pigeon Tender

Does it look something like this?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Your best bet is to just leave things alone and let the parents tend to the baby. Pigeon poop bothers US WAY more than it bothers the pigeons. LOL
After the baby/babies get some age.........10 days old or two weeks, then, you could clean some if you wanted, but it's best to just leave them alone right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.