Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am looking tward the future to be a wildlife rehabber. Here are my questions.

1) How did you become a rehabber?
2) Did you teach yourself or go to collage?
3)Do you earn any money ( not that the money worries me, it is about doin what I love- caring for animals)
4) Have you ever taken care of a Turdus migatorius (robin)?

Any tips appriciated!
Thanks,
Lucas

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first site you listed I know about. I am looking for the books it recomends. Thank you. The second link does not work?

Lucas

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I know that I have to work with another before anything can happen. I read that I have to work about with a rehabilitator for a while to be able to qualify. I want to get education in collage for Animal behavior, biology, and Medical science. Don't know how long it will take but I'm willing to do it! Not sure if I will be able to be a wildlife rehabilitator but at least I hope I get a job that involves animals.

P.S. The link works now. Stupid computer!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I know that I have to work with another before anything can happen. I read that I have to work about with a rehabilitator for a while to be able to qualify. I want to get education in collage for Animal behavior, biology, and Medical science. Don't know how long it will take but I'm willing to do it! Not sure if I will be able to be a wildlife rehabilitator but at least I hope I get a job that involves animals.

P.S. The link works now. Stupid computer!
doing well in school now will help when it is time to move on to higher education. with plenty of hard work you can achieve you're goals. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have A+ all the time in science because it always involves animals. I will try to do my best and i will go to collage for the things I listed before.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Good luck :) I wanted to be an avian veterinarian for the longest time and now I don't know what I want to do. I'll probably be a pharmacy tech or something in holistic medicine. I figure I can just teach myself anything I want to know about avian medicine and not worry about having to find a job doing that or paying for 7 years of college.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I have A+ all the time in science because it always involves animals. I will try to do my best and i will go to collage for the things I listed before.
I hope you become a Veterinary Surgeon , avian or otherwise :)
I have a feeling you'll be good at whatever path you choose .

Darren

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Good luck :) I wanted to be an avian veterinarian for the longest time and now I don't know what I want to do. I'll probably be a pharmacy tech or something in holistic medicine. I figure I can just teach myself anything I want to know about avian medicine and not worry about having to find a job doing that or paying for 7 years of college.
holistic medicine sounds really cool.. :)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
holistic medicine sounds really cool.. :)
Oh yes :) I'm not so much interested in the spiritual mind-body stuff that goes with it, but I'm always telling my parents to eat "this" or "that" to fix whatever they have :p Much of it can be applied to pigeons as preventatives as well. Anyway I think it'd be a nice place to start. I also have a lot of things I'm interested in. I've been very interested in cancer research as well. I'm still a firm believer there is a cure for all our problems, and we can find them all in nature.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I have to agree, that there is an answer to all health issues on our earthly planet, and eating well is part of the prevention and supplementing.

We have been living it for many years, and now my children are also!

Continue your education and get your degree!!! Good luck to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts